Most women would agree that they can never have enough shoes in their closets. From strappy heels and chunky platforms to cute flats and athletic shoes, women love their shoes. However, they’re not always the most comfortable. This is why BeallsFlorida.com features one of the largest selections of women’s comfort shoes.
Did you know that approximately 75 percent of Americans will experience some type of foot problem in their lifetimes? The reason is that your feet act like shock absorbers, taking on at least the full amount of your body weight each time you take a step. So it’s not surprising that women’s habits of wearing heels make them nearly four times as likely to have foot problems as men.
So how do you manage to look stylish and professional while still keeping your posture and your feet healthy?
- Avoid super-narrow toe-boxes. These provide a smaller space for your toes, which can increase the possibility of developing bunions.
- Look for comfort shoes with straps. These help avoid hammertoes by eliminating the need to grip the shoe with your toes when you walk.
- If you must wear heels, choose shoes with an adequate height and heel width to avoid wobbly ankles, which increase the possibility of tripping or twisting your ankle.
- Consider buying shoes that are no more than two inches in height. This will greatly improve the condition of your feet, knees and back.
- Search for comfort shoes that do not have any heels. Podiatrists believe these are ideal as they don’t place your feet at an angle, which can cause unnecessary pressure when you walk.
- Invest in comfort shoes such as flats, sandals, clogs, boots and other types of shoes with smaller heels. Save the high-heels for special occasions.
You can find a wide range of women’s comfort shoes made in the USA at BeallsFlorida.com.