2012 OFFICIAL RULES - Bealls Department Stores Survey Gift Card Giveaway (“Survey Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR THE UNITED STATES AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Beall’s Department Stores, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), and the immediate family members of each such person (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who lived in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: Survey Sweepstakes entry begins on March 7, 2012 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 14, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The server hosting the Survey Application is the official clock for this Survey Sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: Click on the link in the email which will direct you to our survey page during the Survey Sweepstakes Period and click link to start the Survey. Limit one (1) Survey per email address during the Survey period. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. You are providing your information to Bealls Department Stores/BeallsFlorida.com. All responses will be confidential.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for the Survey Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Survey Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received during the Survey Sweepstakes period by a Sponsor representative, whose decisions shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Survey Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Judges’ decisions. Limit one (1) prize per person, email address, and/or household.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Five $100 gift cards will be awarded at the end of the survey period. Total ARV of All Prizes in the Survey Sweepstakes is: $500.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Survey Sweepstakes Parties resulting from participation in, or attempt to participate in, the Survey, or the downloading of any information in connection with participating in the Survey. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Survey Sweepstakes Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences, without limitation, that may affect the operation of the Survey: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Survey Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Survey Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Survey, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug or worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Survey. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Survey Web Site. Use of the Survey Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Survey Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Survey, use of the Survey Web Site or the downloading of any information from the Survey Web Site. By participating in the Survey, the entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor and Survey Parties from any and all claims, loss, damages or liabilities (“Claims”) incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Survey Sweepstakes and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto. By accepting a prize, recipient agrees to release and hold Sponsor and Survey Parties, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents harmless from any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Survey; and from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize including but not limited to liability for taxes, duties or other levies assessed upon any of the prizes; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Survey, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, Winner grants permission for Sponsor, Survey Parties, and those acting under their authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation.
8. WINNERS LIST REQUEST: For winning name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, for receipt by April 1, 2012 to: “Bealls Survey Gift Card Giveaway Winners List Request,” Beall’s Department Stores, Inc., 1806 38th Avenue East, Bradenton, Florida 34208.
9. SPONSOR: Beall’s Department Stores, Inc., 1806 38th Avenue East, Bradenton, Florida 34208.
Bealls is a privately held company, rich in tradition, owned by the founding family and its employees. Founded in 1915, Bealls Department Stores now operates 80 store locations in the state of Florida in addition to BeallsFlorida.com. Bealls Department Stores and BeallsFlorida.com are owned and operated by Beall's Department Stores, Inc and Beall's Westgate Corporation.
Copyright 2013 Bealls, Inc. All rights reserved.